Within the field of the prevention of NCDs, FIC Argentina has taken different action lines to promote the design and implementation of tobacco control, healthy eating and physical activity policies. Furthermore, it has also developed a variety of activities and projects to raise awareness of the importance of these measures.
- Prevention of non-communicable diseases
- Tobacco control
- Healthy eating
- Physical activity
- Human rights
- Inequality / inequity
- Direct advocacy actions
- Joint work with the media
- Capacity building and strategic alliances (networks)
- Legal advice and legal actions
- Monitoring of companies
- Production of local research for the promotion of policies
FIC Argentina develops its work from a comprehensive conceptualization of public health that involves the participation of actors from different fields: medicine, law, communication, economics, sociology and social work. Thus, its projects encourage, and are undertaken from, an interdisciplinary perspective.